Underwriting Support Assistant
Our client is a Lloyd’s Syndicate and (Re)insurer, known as a leader in the London Market, who highly value their staff whilst offering an exciting, dynamic and career driven culture, one where you will grow your skills, knowledge and career from the very first day!
We are currently recruiting on their behalf for an Underwriting Support Assistant, based at their office in the heart of London. The successful candidate will assist with carrying out the day-to-day tasks required by Underwriting teams, helping to effectively manage their respective underwriting portfolios. In addition, the successful candidate will work on special projects aimed at streamlining and documenting underwriting processes and procedures.
Flexible working options are available with this role.
- Working closely with Specialty Class Underwriters, ensuring that their portfolios are correctly reflected in the company’s internal modelling and binder management tools, as well as ensuring that Management Information is up to date.
- Facility set up of the binder in the binder management tool.
- Endorsement processing and chasing.
- Exceptions monitoring, ensuring that binders are operating within the BAA.
- EPI tracking.
- Renewal reviews.
- Credit Control.
- Risk and Premium bordereaux mapping and query resolution.
- Chasing of overdue bordereaux.
- Communicating results effectively to Underwriters and senior management through regular monitoring meetings.
- Working with senior management to provide consistent reporting across all Underwriting teams.
- Collaborating with the Delegated Underwriting team, ensuring that the Binder process is followed and signed off prior to lines going down.
- Maintaining a directory of reports and their purposes.
- Candidates must have previous experience in a similar role within the Lloyd’s / London Market, with knowledge of the Reinsurance industry.
- Strong IT skills, particularly with regards to Excel.
- Power BI knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong educational background.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.