Trainee Claims Examiner – Professional Indemnity
We’re delighted to partner with a global Lloyd’s Syndicate & Insurer to recruit a Trainee Claims Adjuster in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
The position will be responsible for handling a caseload of local and international Professional Indemnity and Casualty Cclaims across the Lloyd’s and company market platforms. There will also be exposure to Healthcare & Life Sciences Claims within the role.
As the position is at Trainee level, previous experience in Claims is not necessarily required. The position will best suit the following profiles:
A law graduate or similar, looking to develop a career in Claims/Insurance.
An individual with one or more years claims handling experience in any class of business, who is keen to go into Financial Lines/FinPro/Casualty claims.
Within the Hoofddorp office, it is vital that members of the team can communicate with their colleagues, stakeholders and clients, as well as carrying out the various duties of the position. As such, we are ideally seeking a candidate that can speak fluent (or near to) in both English & Dutch.
- Interprets policy coverages and determines if coverages apply to claims submitted, escalating issues as needed.
- Sets activities, reserves and authorises payment within scope of authority, settling claims in most cost effective and timely manner. Ensures prompt issuance of disbursements while effectively managing loss costs and claim expenses.
- Participates in performing investigations and evaluating claims through contact with insureds, claimants, witnesses and experts.
- Identify and escalate serious claim developments to management efficiently and effectively.
- Partners with legal counsel, account representatives, brokers, underwriters and insureds to develop a focused strategy for timely and cost effective resolution of claims.
- Develop and maintains strong broker relationships.
- Recognises need for negotiation, participates in planning strategy and negotiates within scope of authority.
- Analyses claims activity and prepares reports for management review.
- Responsible for the input of data that accurately reflects claim circumstances and other information important to our business outcomes.
- Fluent (or near to) in Dutch and English. Knowledge of German or Danish is a plus, but as such not required.
- Insurance industry and/or claims experience, or a Law Graduate or similar with the desire to enter into the industry.
- Keen to develop technical expertise, product specific knowledge and negotiation skills.
- Able to negotiate and settle claims effectively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Keen to work in an international environment and open for different cultures.
- Able to work independently, with good time management skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and make sound business decisions effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as other business-related software.
- Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
The position offers a fantastic salary, bonus and benefits package. Full and transparent information will be given to you upon your first consultation with our managing consultant.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.