Technical Claims Lead – Casualty Reinsurance
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Claims Lead on behalf of our client, a very well established and highly regarded Lloyd’s syndicate and global reinsurer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the portfolio management of their own set of Casualty Reinsurance Claims accounts, for which they would assess claims performance and work closely with Underwriters and Actuaries.
Whilst the majority of the workload will be US focused, there will also be some international accounts to be handled. The underlying classes of business cover most Casualty lines, including Auto, Workers Comp, GL, Med Mal, Professional / Financial Lines, and Construction. The team also handles some binding authorities, although not many in a lead capacity.
- Evaluating and processing claims estimates and paid claims values in an accurate and timely manner.
- Driving continuous improvement in the use of TPAs and third-party experts, through the use of analytics and insights.
- Building effective tools, processes and governance to minimise regulatory, legal and operational risk, whilst ensuring operational reporting is accurate and delivered within required timelines.
- Liaising with the senior management team in London, as well as colleagues based in international offices.
- Acting as a mentor for claims apprentices and junior colleagues, as well as being a technical point of contact for colleagues in other regions.
- Managing complex claims in collaboration with peers and colleagues in other offices.
- Delivering accurate and timely reporting to the claim’s management and leadership, as required.
- Supporting the implementation of the group claims strategy to enable delivery of overall business targets and performance against KPIs.
- Investigating and resolving technical and operational issues within designated claims portfolio, escalating as appropriate.
- Fostering strong relationships with brokers, third parties and our customers via multi-channel engagement and focused forums.
- Extensive and relevant knowledge of technical claims handling in a group claims function, operating in a highly regulated environment, with experience of Casualty Treaty Claims and portfolio management.
- Extensive experience of technical claims management supporting multiple lines of business / claims across geographies and industries.
- Strong understanding of delegated and third-party claims management from a technical, commercial, and operational perspective.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.