Senior Claims Adjuster – Property
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Claims Adjuster on behalf of our client, a highly regarded and very well-known Lloyd’s / London Market business.
The successful candidate will handle a portfolio of Property Claims, striving to achieve prompt, accurate and consistent adjustment of claims liabilities. Other claims to be managed from time-to-time will include (but not be limited to) Marine and Specialty Risks.
- Promptly agreeing valid claims for payment.
- Rejecting invalid claims.
- Adjusting quantum of covered claims.
- Negotiating and resolving disputed claims.
- Ensuring accurate reserves are recorded.
- Managing relationships with policyholders, brokers, cedants, claimants / claimant representatives, lawyers, loss adjusters, and other experts.
- Leading and assisting with audits.
- Assessing the potential financial impact of claims with multiple exposures.
- Acting as market lead, arranging and chairing market meetings with co-insurers and legal counsel.
- Driving claims strategy to resolution, openly communicating / discussing with co-insurers.
- Fully understanding policy and coverage issues on complex claims and presenting these clearly to senior management.
- Effectively liaising with ceded reinsurance in order to assist with timely notification and maximisation of swift recovery from reinsurers.
- Recommending / implementing value creating process enhancements, ensuring consistency across all claims areas.
- Maintaining close communication with the Actuarial department regarding large movements / expected movements, assisting further with specific actuarial reserve reviews.
- Significant experience of handling Property Claims, ideally within the Lloyd’s Market. Experience of also handling Specialty and Marine Claims is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience of handling large claims.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of international insurance markets, particularly with regards to run-off preferred.
- Proficiency with company and market claims systems.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.