Senior Casualty Claims Specialist (Bermuda Relocation) Insurance
We are proud to partner with a market leading Lloyd’s Syndicate, known for it’s reputation in delivering exceptional value, customer service, and technical expertise to their customers worldwide.
We are seeking a UK based Lloyd’s / London Market Casualty Claims Specialist with strong US Claims expertise to join the claims team in Bermuda. As such, we are keen to speak to UK based candidates who are interested in relocating to the island. Social security, visas, housing, and relocation assistance will all be provided by the business.
The position is at Assistant Vice President level (AVP), and the successful candidate will work closely with the Bermuda Head of Claims and wider team to manage a portfolio of Excess Casualty Claims, often referred to as General Liability.
The successful candidate will be extensively experienced in handling Casualty Claims involving Product Liability, Contractors, Manufacturing, Commercial Auto and Hospitality. The Excess Casualty Claims portfolio is an Insurance portfolio (not Reinsurance).
Expert knowledge and experience in US Casualty / Liability Claims is essential to be considered for this position.
The position will suit a competent UK based Senior Claims Adjuster or Claims Manager, keen to live and work in Bermuda.
- Fully engage with Underwriters on severity claims and emerging trends through informal/formal meetings, and spearhead timely reporting.
- Present key claim matters and attend client meetings with Fortune 500 c-suite trading partners.
- Responsible for end-to-end management and direct handling of Excess Casualty Liability Claims according to policy coverage and state requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and analyse coverage issues and prepare comprehensive coverage letters.
- Work closely with outside counsel to ensure cost-effective and appropriate litigation management strategies are in place that will lead to the best overall outcome.
- Maintain proactive oversight and/or supervision of all retained outside vendors and their associated billing practices and invoices.
- Evaluate claims for reserving and prepare appropriate reports.
- Proactively negotiate settlement of claims within designated authority level.
- Deliver presentations to internal business partners and external clients regarding severity and trends of Casualty Claims.
- Manage key relationships with senior leaders at the TPAs to ensure claims are being handled in line with service level agreements, and quality expectations.
- Participate in and attend mediations, arbitrations, trials, and other claims meetings, as needed.
- Extensive Lloyd’s / London market Casualty Claims experience, TPA Management background is a plus.
- UK based Casualty Claims professional willing to relocate to Hamilton, Bermuda for the position.
- Claims technical and operational background within Casualty and Auto Liability; other lines are a plus. High exposure / complex claim exposure evaluation skills.
- Strong US Claims knowledge is essential.
- Claims Operations experience with the ability to drive process, best practices, and operational strategy from both an operational and technical perspective.
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong critical thinking and presentation skills, with the ability to influence others as needed.
- Excellent organisational, desk management and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be positive, self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Solution oriented team player with a strong relationship management skill set, experienced in working with both internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including intermediate knowledge of Excel and other data analysis tools.
- A highly attractive and significant salary and package is on offer for this position. Transparent information on salary will be given to you upon first consultation with our managing consultant.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.