Property Claims Adjuster (Field Based)
We are currently recruiting for a Property Claims Adjuster on behalf of our client, one of the leading brands in the UK insurance market.
Reporting into the Technical Claims Team Leader, the successful candidate will work within an exciting, fast paced environment with a high level of autonomy, handling a portfolio primarily made up of Escape of Water Claims, as well as a range of other Property Claims.
The role will predominantly cover Central London and either West London, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire or East London, Essex, Hertfordshire and Kent. Coverage area will depend on location, but a flexible approach to travel is needed given the size of the team. Typically, you will have 2 home days/week to cover administration of claims.
- Validating, negotiating and settling claims fairly and proactively, handling a range of Property Claims.
- Creating a bespoke action plan for each claim and proactively managing the claim and any third party suppliers, through initial investigation to completion of repairs and Settlement of Contents or Business Interruption aspects.
- Meeting and exceeding pre-defined SLAs/targets.
- Liaising with customers and their contractors, disaster management companies, surveyors and our nominated contractors to carefully guide building work projects through to completion on budget and on time.
- Handling enquiries from policyholders, third parties and other experts on existing claims, and identifying key triggers requiring escalation or additional review.
- Providing risk management information and recommendations/requirements to both the policyholder and Underwriters.
- Working on both individual tasks and team projects within the Technical Team, whilst also supporting the wider claims team on their technical development.
- Undertaking monthly visits to the office (attendance will be more regular during the initial induction period).
- Must have proven Property Claims handling experience in a field based role, including experience of handling high value Property Claims for both commercial and private clients, and a sound understanding of building construction and drying techniques.
- Demonstrable technical claims handling experience.
- Risk management knowledge is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of dealing with both internal / external customers and clients confidently.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ideally, you will be ACII, ACILA or BDMA qualified or progressing towards this.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.