Claims Director – US Casualty
We are delighted to be working with a leading independent specialty insurance business in the London Market as they look to expand their Claims team, recruiting for a Claims Director.
The key purpose of the role is to provide a quality claims service to all US Casualty, US Healthcare and Life Science clients, as well as undertaking an advisory and servicing role to customers, both internal and external.
Hybrid working is on offer with this role, with excellent flexibility options for working remotely. Candidates would need to be in the office at least once a week, depending on the needs of the business.
- Managing complex US Casualty, US Healthcare and Life Science claims.
- Communicating regularly with clients to understand and meet their business requirements.
- Personally providing outstanding service and technical advice, expediting and negotiating the best claims settlements.
- Entering claims advice and settlements on in-house, Lloyd’s and Company market systems (Global XB, CLASS, etc).
- Contributing to business development with recommendations during marketing and renewal meetings.
- Developing and fostering relationships with clients to attract new business and retain existing clients.
- Collating and producing ad-hoc statistics and reports for insurers and clients.
- Monitoring and reporting legal and market developments to the company.
- Developing a strong and realistic business plan, ensuring that this is in line with the larger Divisional Plan, and that the team are aligned to this.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the team, managing their responsibilities and being accountable for service delivery.
- Holding regular team meetings.
- Acting as focal point for market intelligence.
- Getting actively involved in recruitment, promotions and remuneration for the team.
- Conducting regular appraisals.
- Significant experience working for a broker, insurer or loss adjuster handling complex US Casualty, US Healthcare and Life Science Claims.
- Experience in the majority (if not all) of the following classes of business is preferred: Hospital Professional Liability; Physician Professional Liability; Cyber and Breach Response; Ageing Services / Long Term Care; Correctional Health; International Exposures; Miscellaneous Medical Malpractice; Life Sciences; Terrorism; Management Liability; Reputational Harm.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong business acumen and technical credibility.
- Excellent management skills, with the ability to lead, develop and motivate staff.
Salary – Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
For more information, please call 0203 805 5541 or upload your CV below.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.